What type of vendors are you looking for?
Ideally, we look for a variety of high quality, thoughtfully crafted functional items. We love seeing things we’ve never seen before, and our favorite vendors are always trying something new.
We tend to favor Akron-area artists, but strive to include at least 25% new vendors and at least 10% from out of town who can bring something new and different to our fine city.
We do not offer spaces to vendors who sell mass-produced items such as Scentsy, Thirty-Three, Avon, etc.
Do I have to reapply for every show?
Yes, with the exception of the Pop Up Markets at the Art Walk. In that case, you only need to fill out one application and then choose the date(s) that you wish to participate. We accept those applications on a rolling basis.
You'll need to fill out an application for each annual Crafty Mart, even if you’ve been accepted in the past. Many of our participants evolve in their craft over time, and we want up-to-date photos so that we can accurately brag about them.
Unfortunately, sometimes we have to reject vendors we really love in order to offer a variety of items to our shoppers. For example, we accept no more than 25% jewelry vendors. Our goal is to provide a wide variety of options and price points to attract all types of people to our events and offer our shoppers a variety.
How much space do I get?
At Crafty Mart, we only guarantee enough space for a 6’x2.5’ table with room for two chairs and a foot on either side. That doesn’t mean you have to use a table for your display, but you must respect those space restrictions.
If you need more space, apply for a double space! Double spaces are usually placed on corners.
What do I need to do to be compliant with the law?
- According to our Vendor Code of Conduct, it's a vendor's responsibility to be compliant with the law.
- It's recommended that vendors apply for a Transient Vendor License with the state and pay sales tax. The fee for the license is just $25, and a person can apply as a sole owner if they do not have a legal entity for their business.
Can I share a table with another vendor?
Yes, but both vendors must apply separately. Please make a note in the comment box with the name of the person you wish to share a table with.
Can I rent a table or tent?
No, but don’t be shy about asking for help if you’re desperate. We can probably help you out or find someone else who can.
I can't remember if I submitted an application! Can you look it up?
- You should have gotten an automatic email response from Submittable after applying. Also, you would have had to pay an application fee. Please search your email and your bank account before emailing. If you can't find it, you probably haven't applied yet!
What if I have to cancel?
- Our policy as written in our Vendor Code of Conduct states that our vendors fees are non-refundable, but feel free to reach out to us if you have an emergency. We are most willing to overlook this if we are able to fill your space with a vendor from our Waitlist.
A donation item is required as part of my vending fee. What do you expect?
- Crafty Mart operates as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. One of our many reasons for seeking alternative sources of funding is so that we are not solely relying on vendor's fees for our income. These fundraisers keep table fees down, so that that into consideration when you make your donation. If it's easier for you to donate a gift certificate than an actual item, that is no problem and will be accepted with gratitude
Can I sell vintage?
Crafty Mart is exclusively for handmade vendors. We consider upcycled and repurposed items to be handmade. We only accept vintage (and pretty much anything else) to our outdoor Farm & Flea Market.